Had a little thought whilst driving home tonight..
Part of my role involves facilitating the Continuing Professional Development of a number of internal Learning Facilitators. I normally do this by facilitating some lunchtime-learning sessions, which to be quite honest receive a very poor response in relation to the number of facilitators we have on-site (part of this is due to operating a shift-pattern).
I’ve attended quite a few conferences and workshops this year and have gained a great deal from them, so I have hatched a cunning plan…
- Book an offsite facility for a day with Wi-Fi access.
- Invite all Learning Facilitators to attend.
- Set up a Google Moderator series to allow attendees to choose some of the content for themselves.
- Invite all delegates to facilitate their own sessions (depending on the number of submissions these could be voted upon)
- Offer up a Flip Ultra camera (or something similar) in a prize draw to all attendees.
- Encourage delegates to set up a Twitter account prior to the un-conference and provide the support for them in doing this.
- Utilise Twitter and other Web 2.0 tools during the un-conference.
So that’s my plan to date
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated